Our Essential Oil of the Month is doTERRA’s new 2017 Siberian Fir Essential Oil. There are many health benefits to this magical oil. Its refreshing, woody scent is known for its calming and relaxing properties, making it the perfect winter time oil. The Siberian fir tree is a tall, light in color, conifer tree native to Russia and Canada. The Siberian fir essential oil has a unique chemical composition that is predominately bornyl acetate, which provides a majority of the easing benefits of this essential oil. It can be very soothing to the skin, making it an ideal essential oil to add to a comforting massage. When diffused, the Siberian fir oil can help promote feelings of easy breathing, while calming the emotions and providing a grounding effect. You can try this new oil at our studio’s merch wall, and purchase it at our front desk! It also makes for a great stocking stuffer for your friends and family.
Application: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Plant Part: Needle/Twig
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Green, woody, fresh
Main Chemical Components: Bornyl acetate
Benefits of Siberian fir essential oil:
- Helps balance emotions and soothe anxious feelings
- Diffuse for a relaxing aroma
- Provides a soothing effect when used in massage
Here are some ways you can use Siberian fir essential oil:
- After strenuous activity, massage into skin for soothing comfort.
- When working through difficult circumstances at home, work, or school, diffuse Siberian Fir to help reduce stress.
- Apply topically to skin to help soothe minor skin irritations.
- Inhale deeply and experience the refreshing aroma.