To sit, stand, move and breathe in a way that’s sensitively anchored into the felt-experience of our own pelvis can generate a wonderful sense of empowerment, and facilitate better health. But all to few of us currently have access to this state. Why? Our culture has accumulated thousands of years of shame and judgment about the female body, especially about the pelvis. These culturally ingrained shamings, coupled with a sedentary lifestyle, often add up to a disassociation with our own root. Many are even walking around with a pelvic floor that’s clenched like a fist. This tension and disconnection contributes to many common pelvic issues, such as constipation, pelvic pain and more. This lived state of inhibition blocks the free flow of breath, creating negative emotional consequences as well. But the wonderful news is, these patterns can be ameliorated and replaced with affirming patterns.
This class will include some anatomy (which may involve videos, art projects and more), some discussion on the key topics of the day, which would always be centered around pelvic floor health, some breath work and gentle yoga poses.
Additional highlights of this class:
- Class is 1.5 hours long. Those who are interested are welcome to stay an additional 15 minutes for a Q&A.
- Who is this class for? Any woman at any stage of life. Anyone who identifies as female.
- Breastfeeding women are welcome or women with small children who need to bring their children–bring ‘em. We’ll work it out. Please do note, however, that the class will not be geared toward incorporating children.
- Class is a regularly priced Sacred Sounds Yoga class, but no one will be turned away due to means. Pay what you can, as needed.
- There may sometimes be a guest lecturer or guest teacher.
Pelvis Breath & Spine Upcoming Class Topics
November 29: Anus & Rectum
December 6: Vagina & Vulva
$20 or your class package