Summer 2018 Session
Not just anatomy for its own sake, you’ll understand how anatomy, biomechanics and physiology relate to yoga as well as how to keep yourself and your students healthy and safe during asana practice. Classes include lecture, discussion, experiential explorations, asana analysis and partner exercises.
This training covers:
- Saturday, August 11 – Anatomy of the foot, knee and hip, and tissues and how injuries heal: Anatomy and biomechanics of the foot, knee and hip. We will cover the bones and important joints and muscles of the lower limb, and explore how they work together in standing poses to maintain balance and stability.
- Saturday, September 15 – Anatomy of the spine and trunk: Anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvis, spine, ribcage and head. We will cover the bones and important joints and muscles of the trunk, with an emphasis on how the spine can move safely in a variety of poses. We will also explore the muscles of the core, and their relationship to spinal mobility and stability in asana.
- Sunday, September 16 – Anatomy of the shoulder, elbow and wrist:Anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. We will cover the bones and important joints and muscles of the upper limb, and explore how they help create stability and mobility while weight bearing in vinyasa.
- Saturday, September 29 – Anatomical adjustments: This workshop will focus on learning to understand anatomically what you are seeing in your students and to use that information to make more precise, helpful and individualized hands-on adjustments. We will cover safe biomechanics for the adjuster as well as the student.
- Sunday, September 30 – Physiology of yoga and injury management:Basic concepts of physiology, including homeostasis and stress, and how they relate to yoga. We will cover respiratory physiology as it relates to pranayama, the effects of yoga on the nervous and endocrine systems, and how to help students manage common yoga injuries.
Dates & Times
The 24-hour program will meet in August and September 2018. Hours are 9:00am-6:30pm (with a 12:00pm-1:30pm lunch break).
Specific Dates Are As Follows:
- August 11, 2018
- September 15–16, 2018
- September 29–30, 2018
*Tuition includes unlimited classes at Sacred Sounds Yoga starting August 11 through September 30 with non–refundable $150 deposit.
To reserve your spot, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your non-refundable $150 deposit using the link below, which is due when you reserve your spot.
For more information or to sign up, visit the studio, call 212.533.YOGA (9642) or email email@example.com.